Voluntary Recall: Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2
Please always register your Orbit Baby products with us, with up-to-date contact information. Customers that have registered a product affected by this recall will soon receive a notice regarding this issue, as well as any safety updates or product notices in the future. Our registration list will not use your contact information for any other purposes. Register your Orbit Baby products here: US Customers | Canadian Customers
If your Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 is affected by this recall, please keep the following in mind:
- You can repair your Car Seat Base G2 with a simple free StrongArm Repair Kit that we will mail to you; please register your product with Orbit Baby with your most current contact information so we can contact you.
- Keep in mind that all Orbit Baby car seats can be installed securely without a Car Seat Base G2, and that this recall does not affect any Orbit Baby car seats.
Safety is our top priority.Please view this official statement from Joseph Hei, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer of Orbit Baby.
Is my Car Seat Base G2 affected by this recall?Your Orbit Baby Car Seat Base G2 is affected by this recall if it meets all of the following criteria:
- Product Name: Orbit Baby® Car Seat Base G2
- Model Number: ORB822000
- Manufacturing Date: Between March 20, 2013 and July 20, 2013
- Batch Number: any of A0840, A0860 or A0880
What do I do if my Car Seat Base G2 is affected?
- Register your product. If you have not done so already, register your Orbit Baby products here: US Customers | Canadian Customers.
- Install the StrongArm Repair Kit. After receiving your registration and contact information, Orbit Baby will soon send you a StrongArm Repair Kit so that you can easily re-attach your StrongArm knob to your Car Seat Base G2.
- Continue using your Orbit Baby car seats. Keep in mind that you can continue to install your Orbit Baby car seat without your Car Seat Base G2 in the mean time if needed (view all of our product manuals and installation videos here). Also, if your Car Seat Base G2 is already securely installed in accordance with the instruction manual and the StrongArm knob later detaches or just spins, your base will remain securely installed and can continue to be used with your car seat; this does NOT affect the performance of your securely installed Car Seat Base G2 in a crash.
Repair kits will be available soon for all G2 base owners with batches affected by this recall. Customers that have registered a product affected by this recall will automatically receive a notice regarding this issue, as well as any safety updates or product notices in the future. Consumers who have not yet registered their product should contact Orbit Baby Customer Service at 1-877-672-2229 or visit www.orbitbaby.com/support/register to register their product.
In some instances, the StrongArm knob on the Car Seat Base may detach or spin without tightening the base, preventing the installation of the Car Seat Base in accordance with the instruction manual. The StrongArm technology is an installation feature that facilitates the “60-second” installation of the Car Seat Base by tightening the Car Seat Base into the vehicle. The Car Seat Bases that are affected by this recall were manufactured from March 2013 to July 2013 with one of the following Batch Numbers: A0840, A0860 or A0880. No other models are affected by this recall and the actual Car Seat itself can continue to be used without the Car Seat Base in accordance with the instruction manual.
All Orbit Baby car seats and car seat bases have consistently met and exceeded applicable government safety standards. This issue does not affect the performance of the Infant Car Seat G2 when used without the Car Seat Base G2. This issue also does not affect the performance of the Car Seat Base G2 if it is securely installed in accordance with the instruction manual.
You can find the most up-to-date information on the Orbit Baby website here: www.orbitbaby.com/safety-